Why It’s Important:
- only 9% of Protestants claim that their faith is the biggest influence in thinking about immigration.
- the future of the church in N. America depends on immigrants:
- immigrant churches are the fastest growing churches in the US
- by 2050, White Americans will no longer be the majority of residents in the US
- Through Christ, the Church does not respond out of fear but with love (1 John 4:18), which requires concrete relationships with others, not avoidance.
- Our own salvation depends on “foreigners” (Gentiles) being welcomed into another people, Israel (Eph. 2:11-22), who were themselves “foreigners” in Egypt (Lev 19:33-34).
Why We’re Excited:
- Over 12 churches and organizations have joined us as co-sponsors.
- Matt Soerens is a knowledgeable, experienced, and disarming speaker on these matters.
- A panel with local experts will be answering your questions (a Q&A time after Matt speaks).
- We’ll highlight ways you can concretely love and serve your immigrant neighbors (volunteer opportunities).
How You Can Help:
- Pray. Pray that people would come and that Christ will be present and glorified.
- email your pastors and church leaders: invite them to the pastors breakfast and ask them to promote the event to the church.
- volunteer (we’ll need help setting up and cleaning up the event; you can also volunteer with us to work with refugees and immigrants in the Triangle). Email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
Thank you for all your help. Here’s a short video for World Relief’s “Mission on Our Doorstep” conference that happened in March: